Phillips excited to lead Keller Williams Realty’s new Rocky River office

Written by: Jill Sell

Scott Phillips, Jr., company president of Keller Williams Realty’s new Greater Cleveland River office in Rocky River, wants to be a pro football coach when he “grows up.” That’s understandable, because Phillips is a former professional arena football quarterback.
Right now, however, Phillips will have to settle for a different kind of success. He is a recent recipient of the National Association of Realtors Top 30 Under 30 (he turned 30 last year), and is a regular invited guest to the prestigious International Real Trends Emerging Leaders Forum. In addition, Phillips was the founder of the Keller Williams downtown Cleveland office in 2009, where in less than three years he claims the office “was performing at the highest level of any office located in Cleveland proper.” Also, his independent sales practice is regularly in the top 20 in the state. The locker room will have to wait.

“I’m looking forward to leading our newest office in Rocky River,” said Phillips. “Keller Williams is expanding due to the business model, which allows our agents to operate their real estate practices in creative ways to serve their clients’ best needs.
“Rather than a top-down approach where a single broker passes down unilateral tools to their agents and ultimately a single sales strategy to the clients, Keller Williams’ model encourages education, progressive training and creativity to help our clients get their homes sold,” he said.

Phillips also delivers good news about the area’s home appreciation: “We are seeing more and more cases where people who bought homes four to five years ago are selling at a profit again.”

The Greater Cleveland River office employs more than 30 individual staff members, including: C. J. Trivisonno, Pete Formica, Laurie Brill, Jeremy Ols, Coury Sicker, Andrew Ginter, Tony Bonini, Kit Schroeder and Torry McJunkins-Tutin.

Phillips lives with his wife, Jenny, and their two preschool children in Independence. Formerly he lived in Cleveland’s Warehouse District where he enjoyed his rooftop deck and “enchanting” views of the skyline and Lake Erie.

“I spend 75 percent of my social time in the greater downtown area,” said Phillips. “We are definitely city people. The other 25 percent is at Guarino’s Restaurant in Little Italy, which is the oldest restaurant in Cleveland. My father (and his mother and sister) run the restaurant and it’s been around for 95 years. I imagine it will stay in the family,” said Phillips, who worked at the restaurant when he was about 13 to 22 years old.

The Keller Williams Greater Cleveland River office is located at 20033 Detroit Rd., Suite #300. For more information: 216-849-8333.

http://www.cleveland.com/pdrealestate/plaindealer/index.ssf/2014/02/phillips_excited_to_lead_keller_williams_realtys_new_rocky_river_office.html

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.